Updated: May 14
February 14 is not only Valentine's Day -- it's also Arizona's statehood birthday, so in the spirit of both, I thought I'd share 14 of our favorite and romantic places we have visited, and that I have photographed in Arizona since we moved here July, 2018.
Arizona is beautifully diverse (and romantic) in both geography and people so there is something enjoyable for every romantic spirit to do, in every price point, including free. Make your dollarwise budget, get creative around it, and enjoy the romance!
1. Above is the world-famous fountain in charming Fountain Hills, AZ. Pack a picnic and take a (free) walk around the sidewalk path that winds around the entire lake. Or, have lunch in the modern-charming downtown.
2. The historic Wrigley Mansion in Phoenix, AZ. Want a truly magical romantic visit? We visited there for Christmas lunch in 2018 and it was gorgeous at holiday time.
3. Red Mountain Park in Mesa, Arizona. For a simple and (free) outing, take a walk around the lake, feed the ducks, and enjoy watching people show their kids how to use an old-timey fishing pole.
4. Arrivederci Italian Bistro, Scottsdale, AZ. Want to feel like you've gone to romantic Europe/Italy for the night? We loved our anniversary dinner at this restaurant in 2018!
5. The historic Biltmore Resort, Phoenix, AZ. Have lunch on their lovely outdoor secluded patio and then take a (free) walk around the large and lush grounds in the back and browse their little shops.
6. Saguaro Lake Marina, Mesa, Arizona. How about a romantic ride around the lake on the Desert Belle? (Still on our bucket list.) Or a simple lunch (we did this and enjoyed sitting under the misters in the hot AZ sun!) at the cute and cozy Shiprock Restaurant.
8. Sunset mountain scenery in Scottsdale, AZ. How about a drive with your sweetie to view a (free) sunset?
9. Sunset views (free) from the patio at Las Sendas Country Club in Mesa, AZ will make you and your sweetie swoon, guaranteed. They have wonderful nightly specials and a gorgeous Pasta Bar on Sundays. (With gluten-free options, tested by me and very good.)
10. A slow and scenic drive through the Tonto National Forest near Mesa, AZ is a romantic way to spend a (free) old-school relaxing Sunday afternoon!
11. Relax on the beautiful grounds of the historic Hacienda del Sol Guest Ranch Resort in Tucson, AZ. We had lunch in their beautiful dining room, white tablecloths and beautiful desert view and all. Enjoy their historic library and old-timey photos of their resort history too.
12. I don't think it gets any more over-the-top-old-time-romantic than the historic Royal Palms Resort in Phoenix, AZ. Stay there overnight in a (pricey) posh room and get an (expensive) luxe spa treatment if you have a Queen's budget, or have lunch at their Cabana Cafe and enjoy a saunter by their beautiful pools if you're a "Dollarwise Duchess" like me. :)
15. Bonus! Okay, I know I said I'd share 14 places, but I couldn't resist telling you about visiting the charming historic downtown of Prescott, AZ! More on our day trip there in 2019 later, but for now, enjoy this!
I hope you enjoyed "romancing Arizona" and please come visit in person soon!